The “ImPossible Design“ is a competition for young mechanical and industrial designers aimed to promote additive manufacturing, which removes the conventional limitations of designers’ creativity and innovativeness in the process of new product development.
The authors of the most successful solutions will be awarded 3D printers.
The first edition of the competition was held in 2013/14 as a national Serbian competition, and the 2018/19 edition of the competition was organized as the international competition within the framework of the A_MADAM project.
The 2021 edition of the competition was opened on 15th of September 2021, and the promotion campaign was organized mainly online – due to the COVID-19 restrictions, with events being held in Italy (at Valsamoggia FabLab) and Serbia (at University of Kragujevac). Besides, the contest was promoted in Croatian and Serbian media and internet using the networks of project partners. All the information about the application, selection and awarding processes were available at the ImPossible Design webpage , where the the propositions of the competition could be downloaded.
The initial deadline for applications was initially 31st of October 2021, but, due to the increased submission on 30/31st of October 2021, the application period was extended to the 15th of November 2021. 21 authors from Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Italy, Serbia applied 30 3D models for the contest with the following distribution of the applications:
By the combined votes of the international Jury of Experts, consisting of /ordered by age/:
- Prof. Kosta Krsmanović, retired Professor in Industrial Design at the Faculty of Applied Arts of the University of Arts in Belgrade /Serbia/
- Prof. Giangiacomo Minak, Professor in Mechanical Design at DIN department of University of Bologna /Italy/
- Amir Šećerkadić, Mechanical Designer, General Manager of IZIT, Zagreb /Croatia/
- Leo Vukelić, MA, Designer and member of the Croatian Designers Society, Zagreb /Croatia/
- Dr Nebojša Bogojević, Additive Manufacturing Expert at Faculty of Mechanical and Civil Engineering at Kraljevo of University of Kragujevac /Serbia/
- Michele Monti, Digital Design and Manufacturing Expert, CEO of “Juno Design”, Bologna /Italy/
were selected three authors as winners of the “ImPossible Design 2021” contest. Each of the winners was awarded a MakerBot SKETCHTM 3D printer, and below are presented the infomration about the awarded models and the names of the winners.
By the largest number of votes received during the public voting was selected one winner who will be also be awarded a MakerBot SKETCH® 3D printer: