Laboratory "3D Impulse" deals with the application of digital technologies for rapid product development. The main technologies applied by the Laboratory are selective laser sintering and three-dimensional optical scanning. Selective laser sintering allows production of functional prototypes, tools and small series of metal and plastic products. Three dimensional optical scanning allows the quality control and reverse engineering.
Laboratory "3D Impulse" was established within the projects supported by EU, the City of Kraljevo, Regional Chamber of Commerce in Kraljevo and University of Bologna, with the support of the City of Cacak and non-governmental organisation USAID with common goal to develop scientific-research laboratory to facilitate development of new products in Serbian enterprises.
- Rapid product development
- Rapid prototyping by the method of selective laser sintering of plastic (polyamide, alumide, carbamide, etc.)
- Rapid prototyping by the method of selective laser sintering of metal (stainless steel, tool steel, aluminium, etc.)
- Rapid development of products made of plastics and metal by the method SLS (products with complex geometry, individual and small series)
- Rapid tooling by SLS method
- 3D scanning with the scanner Atos compact scan 5M
- Quality control of the product geometry
- Reverse engineering
- Realization of EU RSEDP2 project: "Innovative management for new products - IMPuls"
- Production of 100 prototypes/products/tools made of plastics and metal for small and medium enterprises of Raska, Rasina and Moravica District
- 300 3D models - 3D scanning of objects and reverse engineering
- Prototyping for European automobile industry
- Manufacturing of tools for injection of plastics with spiral cooling channels
- Machine for direct laser sintering of metal - EOS EOSINT M280
- Machine for direct laser sintering of plastics - FORMIGA P100
- 3D scanner - Atos compact scan 5M
- Solid Works, geometry modelling
- Analysis, calculations and FEM analysis
- EU project from RSEDP2 Call: Innovative management for new products"
- USAID project „Equipping of Center for modern production technologies of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Kraljevo"
Laboratory "3D Impulse" was established as the result of the project "Innovative management for new products" (known under official acronym "IMPuls") realized within the Regional Socioeconomic Development Program. The aim of the project was establishment of technological base for support of new product development that would be useful for both small and medium enterprises in Serbia. First task of the project was the promotion of the concept of rapid product development as well as relevant technologies introduced by this project. With that aim, technologies of selective laser sintering of plastics and metal, and technologies of 3D scanning were presented in 512 small and medium enterprises of Raski, Rasinski and Moravicki Districts. This was followed by the mapping of innovativeness and competitiveness of 316 enterprises that showed interest for application of rapid product development methods. Based on the assessment of market capacity obtained in this way, 107 enterprises were selected for free-of-charge services of the Centre. After the training for engineers and managers for application of new technologies for rapid product development, innovation management, innovation marketing and funding, development of 308 CAD models was supported and 121 prototypes of improved products were produced. The project was realized in the period 9.3.2011 - 9.6.2013 and the total value of the project was 966.624,00 EUR, out of which 90% was provided by the European Commission and 10% by the contributions of the Cities of Kraljevo and Cacak and other local authorities from the Districts where the project is realized.
Further support to the Laboratory "3D Impulse" was provided by the NGO organisation USAID with the programme "USAID Sustainable Local Development Project". This project provided equipment for the multimedia presentation room and laboratory website.
After the project completion, the services of Laboratory "3D Impulse" will be commercially available to all users, including enterprises, individual designers, scientific institutions and others in the country and abroad engaged in the development and design of products.
The most important prototypes, products, services, strategies and methodologies
Production of 100 prototypes, products and tools for small and medium enterprises involved in the IMPuls project:
- Medical equipment
- Automobile industry
- Home gallantry
- Lights and other product from the production programs in local enterprises
Rapid prototyping and tooling for enterprises outside the territory of Serbia:
- Tool for injection of plastic part of the brake on BMW
- Prototypes made of polyamide for Hella
- Prototypes for ski industry
- Rapid prototyping/product development/tooling by the method of selective laser sintering of metal and pWstics
- 3D object scanning
- Quality control of product geometry
- Reverse engineering
Dr. Snezana Ciric Kostic
Faculty of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Dositejeva 19, 36000 Kraljevo, Serbia
Tel/Fax: +381 (0) 36 383 380